Patna is the administrative capital of state of Bihar. It is located on the southern bank of the River Ganges. Read on more to know about top tourist attractions in Patna and also check some good Patna hotels.
The city of Patna has a rich cultural and historical background. Patna is a major pilgrimage destination for all religions. There are also several tourist places in Patna quite popular among visitors. Quality hotels in Patna are available in all price ranges offering a pleasant and comfortable stay to the guests.
Top 5 tourist attractions in Patna
1. Takht Shri Harmandir Saheb – It is one of the most sacred Gurdwaras in India and occupations an important place for the Sikhs. It was constructed by Maharaja Ranjit Singh. It is the birthplace of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and is also popularly known as 'Takht Shri Patna Sahib'.
2. Kumhrar – This is an important place among the tourist attractions in Patna. It is known for impressive artifacts and ruins dating back to the Mauryan times. The ruins found here include a huge pillar assembled hall, a Buddhist monastery, parts of Anand Bihar, clay figures and wooden beams.
3. Pathar Ki Masjid – It is also popularly known as Saif Khan's Mosque. This beautiful mosque is situated on the bank of river Ganga adjacent to Har Mandir Sahib. As its name suggests the structure of Pathar Ki Masjid is built of stones. On festive days the area around the mosque is wonderfully decorated and appears lively.
4. Patna Museum – Patna Museum is a must visit place in Patna. It has a large collection of items found in exploration at Patna and nearby places. The museum houses a wide collection of stone and bronze sculptures. These artifacts belong to the ancient and medieval phase of Indian history.
5. Hanuman Mandir – Hanuman Temple near Patna Junction is one of the major tourist attractions in Patna. This temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman. On every Tuesday and Saturday, devotees come to worship Lord Hanuman. A beautiful and live view of the city can be experienced from its rooftop.
Good hotels in Patna
Royal King Resort, Boring Road is one of the deluxe hotels in Patna located at a distance of 4 km from airport and 5 km from railway station. It has a good overall star rating of 3 on 5 and 50% customer recommendation. The hotel offers well furnished guestrooms with internet access. It also facilitates its guests with a multi cuisine restaurant and conference hall. Room Tariff is between Rs.3050-4550.
Hotel President, Fraser Road is counted among good budget hotels in Patna. It has an excellent overall rating of 4 stars on 5 and is recommended by 80% guests stayed here. The hotel provides comfortable accommodation with good dining facility in a starting price of Rs.1200.
Source by Ipsita Prusty